Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day


It sounds very nice to celebrate motherhood….ahhhh

Firstly…..its great to have mama like you….a vonderful lady… always kind and helpful, always stand by me in the time of crisis…and now ..after fathers death….always with me.. She is kind, considerate, opinionated, angry, open, strong. She has become a really awesome woman. She was just a girl…when I was a kid, she was very beautiful as the old ladies of our village used to say . I think she grew into herself.

You know she was only 18 when she had me,and she was 13 in her marriage . And back then I think I was hard for her to deal with, but still..... she was a great mom. She taught me how to deal with elders in the family,how to cook, make sweets, stitch clothes,to crochet and knit , to love being outside, to just love life. I don't know if she knows all she has done for me. She does everything for my sisters and brothers too.... I hope they notices..

I feel like I am a child under your protection!

I wanted to give my mom an item she really in need, so my gift is need based gift and I came up with

this set.....i gave this set to my mamma!and she was very happy!

Somethig ….customs…..to be preserved…..and …… memorable here!

My mom’s earlobe holes are very large, in this old age her earrings can’t retained comfortably in the large earlobe- holes. In Haryana it was customary to pierce the girl child’s ear lobes at early age, because the girls were supposed to stretch their earlobe holes using a gradual process so that they can wear their earrings (named bujli of 4 gauze i.e. of very large circumference ,approximately the size of a crayon pencil) at their marriage.

Method used to enlarge their earlobe gauze was using…

· Peacock feather stem

· Tamarind powder

· Mustard oil

· Water

They cut the stems (starting from one stick) twice the thickness of their earlobes, after piercing they used to wear a metal(silver or gold) rings, after healing (they used to apply mustered oil and, tamarind powder, for healing). After healing they insert one stick from peacock feather after making it very thin ( using water and rubbing the sticks with to and fro movement in palms to make the sticks as thin as they can),after insertion they spray water on ear lobes, so that the thin sticks gradually swallows and make the earlobes large. they had to repeat the process tow-three times a day. After some days they insert another set of feather sticks, they used to increase the number of sticks, thus made their earlobe -holes larger to accommodate their large earrings i.e bujlies.

So, on this mother’s day I gave a best present….. a set of earchains (kaunoti) to my mom.

I love my mom. I don't tell her enough. We don't say that stuff. We don't really hug in my family either. It's kinda uncomfortable. My sisters hugs. I'm actutally uncomfertable with hugs.nobody in our huge family ever tried to hug me, I am a person with somewhat hard in nature(strong, brave as people used to say),softness is not my nature. My friends don't even think I'm weird anymore when I grab there arm and hold their hand or just grab their waist for no reason. For some reason I can't just hug my family members... the anxiety.,,, it's just NOT WHAT WE DO, OK?!! Well ok.

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom! And all of my wonderful friends! I love all of you very much! So there!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment