Friday, June 4, 2010

My article in WE

Woman's Era is leading magazine of India in English

this article is on 1006 page of WE April 2nd 2010 ....

Be your own masters for lingerie’s… Putting it on

Believe it or not, I am my master for all my wrappers… I use to stitch my own bra and knit, crochet and sew all my dresses and accessories.

Inspirational people…

Who inspired me for this was my mother. She was daughter of rural aristrocat family and she taught me how to sew crochet and knit.

Since I was eight years old, I knew I wanted to be my own designer and by doing this help others, guiding others to help and give correctional and helpful tips.

Reminding great granny and granny days…

This took me by surprise. The Japan based Wacoal company has been making and selling loincloths for women since 2-3 year. Called a fundoshi, it’s basically a rectangle piece of fabric with ties.....

Can anyone believe that in Haryana the women were used to wear lingery above ghagra, their back remaind naked. Today the lingery is worn under clothing. I remember that her Grandma used to tell my mom that their mother always wore “aangi”. I also remember when a dress was gifted to anyone it was always wrapped with “aangi” over it. A gifted women clothing was always wrapped over with “aangi.” Even a chunni gift was wrapped with aangi, saying meri bhabhi ne mujhe “ aangi latta” “chunni aur aangi” di hai.

I remember the aangi was beautifully stitched using fabrics of different colours and flowers.....more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment