Thursday, June 17, 2010

My sewing obsession


i sew out of my obsession...

Sewing is one of my connections to my mother. When I was a teenager, my mother taught me to sew. Later I lernt some

sewing in school and in college too.

Again ,I have been researching sewing trends for some years, and have decided to organize my collection of notes, articles, and other writings into some sort of coherant body of work.

my mom when she was 21 years

During my researsh span I came to know that the Time Magzine online archives go back to 1923? I was amazed and delighted to find this very informative article called”Sew&Reap” about home sewing from the November 10,1958 issue.

The title of the article reminded me the words of my granny (my father’s aunt, three son’s of my great grany used to live in our huge manison) she used to say when her stitches were not worth and she ripple them saying,” fuhar ke kara simain aur udhed” sorry I can not translate it. Some things make sense only in one language, but it means “sew and rip( a nonsence sewing) not reap”


No comments:

Post a Comment