Thursday, November 17, 2011

About being Yourself and Hard Won Wisdom

I was supposed to publish this on the day of my birth ie...yesterday , but I’m just pretty damn lazy these days…॥ But better late than never …।

Speaking of my approaching 59th birthday: I have to admit; this time it isn’t making me something like bugging. I feel kind of proud my children are grown up and very intelligent and caring. I feel kind of proud on my physique, my upright stout body (it was some days ago when my friend and me were haunting my friend’s colleague’s house in sector 15, on asking a gentleman strolling with his wife , about the lady we were haunting, he said “ is the lady you are asking is having the stout body like …pointing towards me.” It was then I came to know that I have a stout body, and I felt happy about it.

Even today if somebody addresses me saying aunty, my son didn’t bear with it and, compel me to ask him/her not to say it again. I feel kind of proud, if anything; most days, I flatter myself that I am holding up pretty well (although I need to get exercising more-too much on computer and not exercise these past few weeks).

But then my son will say something that sort of deflates my balloon, so to speak. He has pointed out that I seem to have more gray hairs lately. And then a few nights ago, he said, WOW, Mom. I can’t believe you were alive during China war in 1962’s! What was it like way back then?’

After recovering my composure, I told him I told him that it was really hard on us when war broke up with Pakistan in 1965, we were in Agra all alone without my father as he was posted at Jorhaat, there were blackouts, trenches to hide on siren, all the necessaries packed on the door and much more horror, as we were little kids। And that it was difficult to write in that fancy curly script with feather quills on scrolls of parchment, instead of ballpoint pens.

Happy day &XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment