Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Caladiums, recycling


Caladiums are so pretty! They are like
mini elephant  ear plants. I usually place them in a row around my front yard. I'm into container gardening now, so will try
to put them in nice sturdy pots this time. 

When asked to name my favorite plant I often say “Caladiums,” if I’m not currently enamored of some other species at the time. Caladiums (Caladium lindeniim  hortulanum) have been my most consistent number one choice throughout my gardening years.

When our mother was confined to home in her later years, my daughter and I planted a large swath of caladiums in containers in our front yard. For many months each summer she enjoyed a kaleidoscope of red, pink, white, and green. She called them her butterflies.
For long-lasting summer color and ease of care, they just can’t be beat. In our shade blessed area, I’m often surprised we don’t see more of them. They do well in hanging baskets or pots as well as in the ground and thrive in well-drained moist shady spots with filtered sun or morning sun and afternoon shade. There are varieties that will survive full sun, although they will need more water and colors are more vibrant when grown in shade.


 These plants are so beautiful. The large container doesn't have to be fancy.
this pot is recycled with plastic paint bucket, poly bag yarn braids are wrapped around it and voila creation ........  isn't it!
containers with my caladiums! not ordinary containers!


another recycled pots with caladiums

I create my own plant pots/containers
they become piece of art in miniature.


inspiration today
THE FLOWER BED


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment