Friday, March 30, 2012

SAPP i.e share a past project!!!

Yes the abbreviation is coded for share the past project coined by someone in a blog!!
sorry!I forgot to bookmark that blog but remember the words it created for......

I think sharing ones past project is a token toward sharing parts of ourselves, i.e what was in one’s roots. since blogging is a recent transaction thingy and its one of the tenets is sharing one’s own self, a knowing of other’s a getting-to-know-one-another phylosophy.

The dress my daughter is modelling was my first article in the manorama-hindi-magazin ”.I made this back in 1987 sometime,and it got published in July 1988 on page #110. There was a regular column Chinta kis baat ki? (why worry?) where I wrote about the solution when the dress got burning spots during ironing.

The top my daughter wore, was my kamiz of Shalwar_kameez suit which was burnt during ironing. i selvedged the perfect parts of the shirt and mold into a top for my daughter.since the nevy blue skirt was her school uniform, I added the bias binding on the side seams …to match with the top and to hde the seams…also I attached 2 inch wide strap of the same fabric on the bottom hem of the skirt …….and the skirt served dual functions a uniform for school from right and a casual dress at the reverse side? Isn’t it the intelligent use of something worth zunk ……..and something durable but can be used for short time …as the children are growing out for their respective dresses. I scanned the photo form my shoe-box which is still filled with several old photos…waiting to be scanned/preserved!!

Please ignore the white ugly spots on the skirt.......No....NNNOOOOOOOO..these were not on the skirt.......these are of old......... .somehow..................... forgotten box of old photographs stacked in shoe-box..........forgotten........ uncured.............

here is my USHA JANOME with several features........




i will fallow this video for embriodery with my newly bought machine............


Today's Quote....

Every man’s memory is his private literature.

--------------Aldous Huxley

Happy sewing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment