Saturday, March 31, 2012

Calendar for this year, My Inspiration today


Ponderings is the juncture of my personal musings and cyberspace. As a woman of a certain age, I find that I have many things to PONDER, some serious, some beautiful, some inspiring, some practical, and some that make me giggle. Join me on the journey...
our calender this yearCalender
While doing Holi    cleaning with my daughters i found this amazing cross stitch jute clander. It was so attractive I really wanted to use it in my decor(is foot rug a decor?! or utility article/! A necessity!!!

New calender for this year  

 I got a shiny new toy over the weekend!

I decided to branch out a little and try a perpetual calendar. In theory, I could use the same template again next year because I don't have to worry about the days of the week--numbers only. This design is good for keeping track of birthdays and other major events (which is what this one is for), but maybe not everyday stuff since you don't have the days to double-check.

As you can see, I stopped at March. Neither of us has used this kind of calendar before, so I'm seeing how it goes before I bust out all 12 months. No need to jump the gun and have to re-do it in three weeks because I get freaked out by seeing less information.
As you can see, there are three holes  sith horizental slits above and below the buttonwholed squares three buttonwhole’d squares are to insert ribons  for days of week,days of month, and for the year

If you slacked like me and still don't have a calendar, it's super easy to make your own version. All I did was print the numbers onto ribons for the days,months and year, andinsert them in places for days,months and year tie them togethereach of them like a loop with really a strong fabric glue.

Did you make your own calendar this year? Or get a new printer? I didn't realize this one would be so huge! It takes up 75% of my shelf...

My Inspiration today 


Click the link that fallows........Poppytalk: Weekend Project: Get Organized:



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment