Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weather here,Lord Krishna.........

I think weather here is quiet a fickle thing. After my walk at 5: AM today it was so cold outside that after returning, I felt to bundle up in my coziest of wrap, but I think, by 10:AM sun’s come out to say hello. Its April, and it leads into a several days heat wave, and by the time you’ve unpacked your summary…..there’s a cold and misty rainstorm to tuck you in a few evenings later.
Yes, it is unpredictable as anywhere, and locals are prepared for any extreme year-round.
Anyhow weather here has been so glorious the past few days it's almost all I can think about. And talk about. I think my life revolves around the weather more than I think it does. Getting outside for a walk early in the morning was like a dream.

Whatever it may be …….let’s celebrate it. So after my walk I am here in front of my computer and posting an old emboss painting………still not framed………and saved in my chest…..
the photo below were recently (in Feb 2012) taken with my cell-phone camera..in my front yard...on the table

Yes, it’s a history, I bought and painted this picture of Krishna chariot to Arjuna in the Kurukshetra_War , about 10 years or more ……….


I love this picture……..may be inherited trait as my grandfather and my dad both were the devotees of Krishna and Mahabharata gives Krishna prime importance.

Since it is primarily the history of the Kurus (Pandavs and Kauravs), Mahabharata contains only that part of Krishna's life that had a bearing on the fate of Kurus. However, its crown jewel is the Bhagavad Gita which transforms Krishna from a much adored and cherished Princely diplomat to the Supreme God Himself.


As the major part of the Bhagavad Gita is but a dialogue between Arjuna and Krishna, with the former calling upon the latter to relieve his distress, there was gradual shift in Arjuna's position as Krishna provides him relief, reflected in the tone and demeanor of his address. In this dialogue Arjuna several ked questions to Krishna and addressed him with different names each time according to the qualities of Krishna. For example, his first call to Krishna in the text is but a command given by a warrior to his charioteer. Arjuna says:


"O Achyuta, place my chariot in between the two armies." (Bhagavad Gita 1.21)

Here Arjuna addresses Krishna as "Achyuta," which means " ……..

Back to the picture of my love…
I have wanted this picture for years and I may finally spent some cash and buy a kit of it.I can again say it would be so much more meaningful to me than spent on anything for my wall. This is the only painting of I like the most. In most of others I think Arjuna looked in confusion, but this one is so realistic to me. The way Arjuna standing in the active position with his bow-and arrow to shoot and Krishna with Shankha in his hand to declare the war so sweet! Before the action into war what can I say about the painting ….Its a after the dialogue between Arjuna and Krishna, when Arjuna got satisfaction and ready for the war……..and Krishna THE Supreme God in Shankha in his hand to declare the war….
the same painting placed on folding bed in my courtyard same day see the difference ......only due to position.....in the sun

Yes you are right! This is Emboss Painting and it is certainly the most charming and creative of all paintings.. It has a different feel to it .. a sense of creation .. n a pride of seeing things your way
Since I don't have the time or the skill to draw it from scratch. The kit includes an outline of the picture (plenty of choices to choose from), few color bottles and a paint brush. You can be creative with the choice of colors and a beautiful painting will be ready to frame.
The Krishna and Arjuna Velvet Painting is designed on navy blue velvet cloth, using oil colours. As above This painting is designed to portray the chariot at Kurukshetra War -depicting the discourse of Lord Krishna to Arjuna.
Emboss painting:
Very simple painting. where you will get a diagram you only have to paint.
For this painting ……..get an emboss painting kit
1. Firstly, make four folds of bed sheet on the table.
2. Place the piece of velvet cloth from the back side i.e. Plain side on the bed sheet. Never put printed side above
3. You are required to apply hot iron on the back side of piece While ironing.
Remove the press when the whole design emboss, photo is given
on the box you can use colours for your picture accordingly or as
per your choice.
5. You can apply colour coat again. If your colour is getting Hard,
then mix 2 to 3 drops of water in it.
Use white colour to make the shade light.
Along with my spiritual concern...........this velvet painting really ensures beautification of the interior owing to its elegant look.I will got it framed and place on one of my wall ................and post it with its new adobe........only the physical painting needs adobe
GOD IS OMNIPRESENT!!!!!
Now is the time to prepare for THIS project............and then for breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD DAY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey ! Thank you ! This is the first chariot picture I have come across which has 5 Horses ! Yours in love with Krishna :)

    ReplyDelete