Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lecture by Gujarati short story writer Dr Sharad Thakar at Asmita Parv, ...

yesterday my son and me .were sitting in front of TV listening Morari_Bapu's "asmita prv" the literary meet of Gujrati writers........the first orator was Sam Pitroda who is strong contender of the coming President of India see HERE



Some QUOTES...

I thought I would share some of my favorite quotations-here. I refer to them as they help me pause the life, appreciate the beauty of simple verses, and offer a wise perspective. As I heard somewhere, “Stories never end, books only pretend they do”, this is an attempt to treasure and cherish those verses that touched my heart. Its a sheer joy to collect beautifully expressed thoughts and its a sin if I tuck them away in memory unshared. Hope you will enjoy too!

From Khalil Gibran

A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain?

Trees are poems that earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness.

From Helen Keller

Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.

To know the history of philosophy is to know that the highest thinkers of the ages, the seers of the tribes and the nations, have been optimists. The growth of philosophy is the story of man’s spiritual life.

From Zig Ziglar,

Money won’t make you happy… but everybody wants to find out for themselves.”

Happy Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment