Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Great Grand Paa


Last Sunday one of my neighbor from my village came in for My uncles’ address from me. From him I came to know my family history and several historical evidences of my village i.e. its inception, populate, demography.......  I came to know that my great grand paa KEHAR SINGH was selected as the President of Arya Samaj  (A socio-religious movement for the eradication of illogical and Superstitious beliefs, began to flourish in the district towards the close of 19th century. The Arya Samaj was established at Hisar .  Lala Lajpat Rai was a moving force in its establishment. The movement spread very fast and influenced remarkably the social and religious life of the district. Extension of education, especially of the women and depressed classes, widow re-marriage, protection of cows and propagation of Hindi are some important activities of the Arya Samaj )in the year1907, in the presence of many people with fame.
My Great Grand Paa who was (a Sahukar) the only one who donated Rs. 100  for  Arya Samaj none can afford that much as he did at that time.

 


its me in conversation with  grand paa (our neighbor at village) He will be 100 years on Sept 17, 2012 )
I will post the details later on...........

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment