Thursday, June 21, 2012

Body weight .and me

After bearing the weight of my Body on my legs for a loooong....
Then it must time for a relaxing day, a day to rest and gain my lost energy.
Over the past few years...since i got sssssooooooomuch fat on my body, I’ve discovered that for me, the best way to relax is to sit in silence and crochet (my leisure activity and my meditation).
Again for past several time I used to sit in …position. I think sitting in one posture for long is meditation and a good exercise too. I noticed while  doing haven in our house the brahmin didn’t changed his posture till the end of havana ceremony which lasts for 2 and half hours then only I decided that I will surely practise to sit in a posture for long time……….
Then it must be time for a relaxing day, a day to rest and  do some craft things for leisure….. Over the past few years, I've discovered that for me, the best way to relax is to sit in silence and meditate.     

Its me with Dr KM 
Shot on showing an animated conversation
Let me rephrase that. The best way for me to relax is to sit in silence. The sitting is the meditation. My children  (since they were kids)  find it helpful to practise Tratak , to look at a dot - perhaps a dot or a Bindi or listen to music - especially worship music like this - I don't. I enjoy the music, but I don't find it useful for meditation.When I'm faithful to my meditation practice, every other part of my life seems a little easier to deal with. When I neglect it, I manage for a while, but little by little, the chaos takes over. It may be weeks or months before the situation reaches critical mass. Then I scold myself!!!! what a hell I am doing
 I set this post to publish itself at sharp 4:00 a.m., so when I get up, instead of heading here to see what's going on in the Land of Blog, I'll sit down, wrap a shawl around my legs for warmth, and stay there for some time.Yes I am in the habit of googling countries and cities of the world then keep searching the blogs there.
Yes my meditation quotent remains at the peak in the early morning hours.While I haven't had any moments of mystical transport, no visions. I don't expect I will. What will happen is that every morning, for as long as my resolve holds, I will sit still for a few minutes, eyes half-closed, and consenterating on the tip of my nosenotice my breath come in, notice it go out.
Is maditation helps to shed body weight ?

And have a  longer breath uttering the   universal gesture that means "OH!" and I start meditating again. I start with 15 minutes, first thing in the morning at 4 am, and I work my way up to half an hour.Yes I  am early riser since my childhood. But stop this practice for some years after the death of my dear brother in 1995. Because after his death when I woke up early I felt deep sorrow, and in the late hours the hustle-and bustle of life around me made me induldge in things rather then feeling bad.
Have a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment