Saturday, June 23, 2012

Reused fabric piece

I have had this beautiful fabric piece forever. It had served as a cover for an antique tin box we have in our village house.I love how it look –the pattern is one of my favourite things in the world( the leaves resembles the Khejari tree leaves).but something always bugged me about how it got soil on it due to its lighter base ( ours is arid area and dust is always there in the atmosphere) and there were lots other boxes stacked on the antique bigger one with this cover.that’s why frequent wash is always must and it makes it lighter weary very soon.

With time its  portions that hang around the box look very weary and in  need to change the cover.
And one day I thought- why have I not just cutout the upper portion which was protected under the stack of several little boxes and was in good condition? I have no idea why this never occurred to me before…O God!


 So I selvedged the inner part of the box cover and I made my computer table cover out of it.........
I’m really happy with how it turned out. I didn’t  able to harvest  real table cover out of it…just the piece that covers the upper part of the table…no skirt part!!
And I figured out how big I wanted to cover the table top of my computer table, then cut the piece into rectangle.i found some muslin piece to make its linning, and sewed it facing right sides of both the fabrics a little opening is must to make inside out ….then I tucked the open area. By putting muslin cloth underneath it will not skid on the table, also muslin makes the fabric smooth to look at.

Yes it turned out perfect for my computer table........
a much better look for my computer......

No comments:

Post a Comment