Monday, July 2, 2012

My Coleus

I decided to start collecting different types of coleus instead of flowering plants.I bought several varieties last year but due to my carelessness they perished due to cold weather. This is first in my new collection-the coleus hybrids x hybrid us “rustic orange”. I’ll procure another ones in the time to come. These foliage plants come in endless colour combinations of red with green or yellow edges and chartreuse, light and dark green and bronze markings. Leaves plants produce spike of insignificant blue-purple flowers. As they CAN tolerate shade, but growing them in sun will bring out their maximum range of colour.
 
As its new arrival in my house a little care is required…
Regarding water;  
Since coleus leaves are large and thin, they give off lots of water and will readily unless they have access to water almost continuously. Water regularly for lush growth.
For speedy growth
Feed once a month with regular houseplants fertilizer. Propagate from stem cuttings. Use a standard potting mixture. Pinch tops to induce dense growth.
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment