Friday, October 12, 2012

THE WALK



Yesterday I got up little late and while going out in the chilled front yard to stretch out in the open as it was late for my walk time. On seeing that all the flowers of my  Chameli plant were fallen on the ground. It was not unusual They bloom in the night and fall in the early morning. The white flowers are spread like a bed of flowers.
 Vita_Sackville-West,of Sissinghurst_Castle_Garden the erudite English gardener (who became famous for her White Garden in her estate, Sissinghurst)  said it best,
"White flowers are anathema to all but the oldest and most sophisticated of gardeners."
...so there you go! I must be very classy because I fancy white pansies,white euphoria  white lilies and white roses.



This is a very sly way of saying that if you like white flowers you are are so cultured and tasetful.
Such a serene white bed of blooms, it made my heart squeeze. I couldn't resist picking them on the newspaper in my hands and bringing them all indoors to float on the water in newly painted clay pot. It makes me so happy to see it there sipping outside in the morning into the cold, fresh, fragrant laden air with, lots of medicinal plants. Spending a few serene and quiet moments with my face turned up to the sky most of the time through the tree twigs, breathing in the fragrant chilled air, st airing the far away star for “Trāṭaka ”.Such a glorous blue sky then fire like patches of rising sun...again blue with white tints. Then I remember my morning ritual of lighting The Diya of pure Ghee  How short our days are becoming.....and today was the smallest day of the year..the 22nd  of December, I used to open the window set aside the curtains welcome THE SUN in my room. So now, it is my time to smell Jasmine flowers, I wish all of you could share my happiness too. 
So now, it is my time to smell Jasmine (Chameli )flowers, I wish all of you could share my happiness too.
Happy Gardening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment