Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rest of the dream catchers

Its navratra days, today its cooler then the days back, there was thunderstorm at about 2:30 PM we come to know by the people around that there was rain around, that’s why its cooler at our place. Thank God I was  crafting of course. I've run a couple of workshops, taught the girls at cent re how to make rag rugs, attended the sewing class at cent re (not to learn ) just for supervision. There are 24 girls who registered for sewing and tailoring classes. Slowly I will convince them to devote one day in a week for crafty things.

 I've also started a small craft group in the slum area  and have been approached by the Shiv nagar  local community center to run a group like i started in slum area Dhakk Basti.. I've yet to figure out the logistics for this including how to make it pay for the craft teacher. I continue to give demonstrations on the theme Best out of waste in each and every center of our NGO.

Add caption
Add caption



Add caption
Add caption



Today I started to make rest of the dreamcatchers using things I already had. For the base material click here. My niece  claimed the second one ( in construction,the heaviest with lots of frills)  one for herself. It was the opportunity to remind her to pray and ask God for good sleep. There is no power in feathers and mummy's makes. I love children's prayers. Their faith is so uncomplicated. Unlike this first attempt at a dreamcatcher which surprisingly took me hours to figure out. I'm happy with all of them  and more importantly, my niece reckons them awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment