Friday, April 25, 2014

My Jtropa,fabric vases




I just finished this planter today- I kinda like the way it turned out if I do say so myself. I have already had a few compliments today! I put in my china rose, with red flowers,  (which is my favorite- it was in the movie i recently watched (didnt remember the name of the movie, but that is probably one of my favorite movies of all time),i isolated it during repotting - my champa, my jatropa, and jasmine, roses.




I love mixing the different things up. I planted another pots with seasonal flowers but they have a way to go until they get photographed. I will post pics of those soon. 

the editor of WE emailed me for articles  on special issue, so while working on a magazine article I came across these beautiful felted vases by Dutch creative Erica Hogenbirk. She studied fashion design and specialized in knitting techniques. It shows, because the vases, stools and bags look gorgeous. As do the patterns she chooses. They are inspired by nature, tattoos and even maps of churches. The material used is all  natural. To see more of her work please visit her website.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment