Thursday, May 14, 2015

Front door tree, cool white of Summer




Salvaged book rack 




I love changing a few things when summer finally arrives. We leave doors open during the day, I used to Rome bare foot  in and out feeling very  cool while walking, the leaves rustle in the warm breeze and I don’t want to miss a minute of it.  


 Adding a change of color using hanging mobiles, flowers in bottle or vase etc.etc.which  can help transition the room from one season to the next.  Out with my sunny colourful  pillow covers of winter and spring and in with these cool cream  and white patchwork. I think they add a nice fresh look for the oncoming warm days.

Like I’ve said before, pillow covers are such an easy way to change the look of your room.  I guess I’ve always loved the clean look of navy  blue and white because when I looked through my fabric stash I came up with these favorite fabrics. I made up simple 20 x20'” squares with a zipper for easy on/easy off. A handful of Champa leaves from the front yard and my room feels fresh and cool. Let the sunshine in!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment