Monday, November 20, 2017

My pious blanket


It makes me feel productive when I am sitting on sofa. I enjoy listening to the TV or music, but can’t stand just sitting doing nothing crocheting something gives me great feeling of accomplishment, especially while listening pious verses from holy granthas.
I made this pious blanket last year while watching TV, I guess to show you how much time is wasted sitting in front of the idiot box because i crocheted an entire ball of yarn( handmade ball of 50 gram skein)on one sitting crocheting at a stretch.
I made this blanket from the stack of wool brought by me in one lot only, without considering the size, amount I actually need to make the blanket.

baby tiger making marry on blanket...
 So, I got this wool stock. Lots of it sufficient for two full sized blankets. I ordered it from Oswal’s, where they have a good selection of colours an weights available.

And I didn’t swatch for wool and even for pattern and also for the size.
I found the yarn and not that hard to deal with but it did take extra effort to pull it through the loops because it’s much bulky yarn and I can see if you were going to knit with it, the yarn would be a nightmare. Anyhow it’s all moot as I’ve done the blanket. I am not sure what the colour stands for but I like the colour. I search in the market for the blanket(ready- made especially Raymond Brand) in this colour, one colour only. I found light blue, pink, and plaids in Raymond Brand ….but I was intended to have this colour i.e. RGB( R6+G221+B250)…in vain…decided to crochet my own..
the pattern...

 The alternate stitch is done on a multiple of two chains plus two for turning. Begin by making a chain length you need, turn it, and after skipping three chains (the turning chain), make two single crochet in the next chain (or stitch, in later rows). Then skip a chain (or stitch) and chain one. Repeat that to the last stitch or chain, make two single crochets in the last stitch, chain two and turn. The second row will make the two crochet stitches in the single chain spaces, and skip and chain over the two crochets in the previous row. Those two rows make up a pattern that looks something like a leaf when it’s made up.
Edgings
Make single crochet all around the edges, four single crochets at each corner.for second row of edgings make single crochet in every single crochet of the first row, again four single crochets in the corners, fasten off. 
Teddy bear modeling for the pious blanket

 And the blanket of my choice is complete now.
I remember when it is approximately I yard in length, on that night while watching..listening prvachana of Murari Bapu (Live) on Astha Channel till 2.00 at night I did lots of its length.
It’s crocheted mostly listening holy Bhagvad Gita.
That’s why I named it the pious blanket!
Again
When my father visited us after its make, in winters, he prefer to drape it around while sitting with us gossiping or listening TV. On wrapping it around I several times felt his contented face or I can say very relieved…or proud enough that my daughter’s creations are always great…..
He always praised for me…she is very humane …take care of every family members….relatives….whenever he found me in trouble….
He always used to said…..how it happened to such a social…helpful girl of mine…and a lot…..
This blanket was kind of hard to photograph as it was an awkward size.
Make one and enjoy!
Happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment