Monday, December 25, 2017

fashion over fifty: Lotta Trends



I’ve recently been shop for the silk I will make my Shalwar kameez suit out of this material I spent a fair amount of money on this material. HERE....so that i can easily handle the material during sewing..... I love both the Silk  material  – silk dupioni and silk shantung.  These gorgeous materials make the most stunningly elegant outfits, and they are just perfect for special occasion ensembles.  But recently I’ve heard some people wondering, “What’s the difference between dupioni and shantung, anyhow?”
I’ll admit that the two are so closely related that it is sometimes tricky to tell the difference, but you can usually make an educated guess if you know the following information:
Silk Dupioni is thicker, has more slubs, and the general texture is almost rustic.  It has recently gained more favor for formal wear and party attire, though in previous years it has been considered not quite as formal as shantung because of its rougher appearance.
Silk Shantung is thinner (though it still has a crisp feel), and has much smaller and fewer slubs.  This lustrous silk is perfect for almost any type of suit, and when viewed from a distance you may not be able to distinguish any texture at all.  You can use shantung for nearly any historic period as well, from pre Independence, to After 1947, and the 1950s (my favorite!).
You can see more comparison photos and read the full article here.






 I bought this silk fabric in three piece.....a few days back




the first one is for Chunni 
and the second one is for s Shalwar  the third one with flowers is for  kameez  ...right!
this is a laborious work to sit and sew..........i am fallowing my hobby of sewing after alllllloooooooooonggggggggg gappppppppp right!!!

So it will took some time to be habitual in this crafty thing!!!!!any how sewing in within my genetic make up i will fill the gap period into  a perfect sewing master !!!!!

some pics






Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment