Saturday, June 12, 2010

My original pattern...



Vikas with smiling face happy with his out-fit..

I designed and made it all myself, of course. The jacket and 3/4th pant/paddle pant(named at that time). I bought this red-orange corduroy fabric from Namdhari’s the famous store than, I didn’t swatch for the fabric lehgth and I have to rush thrice to fetch the cloth in small-small pieces.

I made it when he was about six, I guess, and he wore it for years (the jacket; I made the side seam for growing room).

I made the dress with one colour. But in th efashion world, colour-blocking is in. you might fret that you look ridiculous wearing an orange dress and maroon gloves, but you will find that designers are actually creating single-piece garments in literal blocks of stark colour contrasts. For the daring fashionista, choosing contrasting colours from opposite ends of the colour wheel can result in surprisingly appealing combinations. Here are the rules to the art of colour-blocking:

colour wheel

  • Three is the magic number
  • Keep colours in the same family
  • Be loud and proud
  • Keep it simple

Discover analogous, triadic, and split-complementarycolour combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment