Monday, December 25, 2017

looking back in nostalgia




Hamen un raahon par chalna hai ……
I was watching television the other day and I heard, the lines of the song “Hamen un raahon par chalna hai which has been always inspiration in my hardand dark days. It’s been years since I recited it. I cannot believe I am hearing this song again.
This was a song taught to me in my middle school at Tosham, distt BhiwaniHaryana
(6th standard) by my schoolteacher. I learnt the song having no idea about its background – I did not even know it was a movie song !!!
I had completely forgotten about it.
I forgot the lyrics to it and forgot about it all together until someone was singing it on TV earlier this week.
Someone recite few lines of this song in the context of “Excelsior” and “never give up” attitude. While I was listening I could actually feel my blood surge and I had goose bumps. Listening to it after all these years, there are tears in my eyes. I thought to myself, Gosh! This is the very song, I learnt in my school days along with my friends, our music teacher Mrs Vishnu Devi the badi bahinjithe “badi bahinji” was used to determine the age factor. Mrs.Vishnu Devi was oldest among the OTHER teacher’s in school. I actually loved music especially “instrumental” I love the way she taught us talas which is basis of rhymes in Indian classical music. I still remember talaas; jhaptaal, ektaal….and various others that we learnt in school days. Since I was so touched by this song, and in reality till date I wasn’t aware that this WAS A MOVE song, as I stated earlier. Any now I decided that I would share it with you. When I learnt it in my elementary school days, IT didn’t make much sense to me those days. It was just the song we had to learn to recite for the school functions. As I grow, in my hard times, in my failures, obstacles, problems, I always used to recite “Hamen un raahon par chalna hai jahaan girnaa aur sambhalnaa hai”. really, those were the days of idealism in India, when we loved all these patriotic and idealistic songs.
Gone are the days of…..!! I’m more then 50 now but after I heard it on TV, I actually scouted it for net and realized and found out that, it’s from movie Masoom of 1960. The movie “Masoom” (1960) is known for the immortal song “Naani teri morni ko mor le gaye”.This one is lesser known song from this movie. This song is sung by Subir Sen, Aarti Mukherji and chorus. Raja Mehdi ali Khan is the lyricist and Robin Mukherji is the music director.
This song is picturised on Manmohan Krishna, Honey Irani and others.
It’s a nice song and motivational. I finally managed to get it and have it pasted and uploaded its Video

For all the times you feel aback and like giving up, please do spend a few seconds to ponder on this song. I’m sure it’ll make a difference…Enjoy!!!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment