Thursday, May 1, 2014

May day recycling

The first May Day celebration in India was organised in Madras (now Chennai) by the Labour Kisan Party of Hindustan on 1 May 1923. This was also the first time the red flag was used in India. The party leader Singaravelu Chettiar made arrangements to celebrate May Day in two places in 1923. One meeting was held at the beach opposite to the Madras High Court; the other meeting was held at the Triplicane beach. The Hindu newspaper, published from Madras reported,
The Labour Kisan party has introduced May Day celebrations in Madras. Comrade Singaravelar presided over the meeting. A resolution was passed stating that the government should declare May Day as a holiday. The president of the party explained the non-violent principles of the party. There was a request for financial ………..wiki

 
I battle with recycling and going green all the time. Then Why not on May DAY. I can do the simple of using the recycling bins and stuff like that. But using less and trying to really not be wasteful is hard. I'm doing better though. We only use napkins, paper plates and stuff like that for big gatherings. I use cloths to clean with and stuff like that. I am currently saving all the TINS (evaporated milk, Ghee, protein mix, etc) and I'm going tocut them from bottom, attach them one upon another with cello tape , only the base tin is having its base attached then I covered it with weaved cane selvedge from the chairs ( ripped canes of chairs), using glue. These are my two planters .the bigger one is created by 5 containers and the smaller with 3 containers.
That's not a start! I am recyclers since a kid all these activities inculcated in me by my father’s guidance and observing him in his day to day life   ! I'm also saving all my small-small   containers..of ayurveda herbal things ,.not sure for what yet, but I bet they will come in handy eventually.
 
We all should be the care takers of the earth by making it trash free-the Lord did create this Earth and honored us to be it's keepers. We aren't caring for the Earth as God would have us when we trash it and continue to obviously put things towards landfills. Someone in our front park during evening walk  told me there is a   "recycling unit" in the city I am in for the fused electricity bulbs you have to call upon them and they will approach you to collect four fused bulbs , the rule is they must be four bulbs or more , not less then four. OK !
So on a nutshell I have been a fanatical recycler for years but  still use paper towels during chilly days. I am planning to make hundreds of  10 inches square  pieces of cotton napkins using my abandoned cotton dresses . I just piled them spritely in my wardrobe , I will materialize my idea very soon.  I agree that we should take care of God's creation as an act of worship and to foster a cleaner planet for our children and grandchildren!
Puuja is due in first week of August

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment