Saturday, June 3, 2017

Braid and Me

When I was 7 years old on Diwali morning, I woke up at the breaking of dawn. I knew it was too early to start shrieking "It's Diwali!!!". So I laid in bed for a while and I started to play with my hair. When I was about 4 or 5, my mom showed me how to braid hair on a Doll. I had seen an aunt of mine French Braid her hair. Could I do it? I tried - the results was a very crooked "weave" on my head and I had "leftover" hair at the bottom of my neck - but I did it! I actually French braided my hair!!
HYPERLINK "http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6398/1378/1600/bhairbraid.jpg"HYPERLINK "http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6398/1378/1600/bhairbraid.jpg"






For many years I was the only girl out of 3 in the house would could French braid. When I was about 10 my mom started growing her hair long, and would ask me to French braid hers. It was kinda hard, she'd make the request right after her daily shower and I can't even French braid my own hair wet. And her hair is also very thick. Sometimes she just got a single braid down her back. My baby sister also picked up French braiding and would do my mom's hair sometimes. Now my mom has neck-short hair and my sister loves to do all kinds of complicated braids in her hair. I find it to be a very satisfying hairstyle when it turns out nicely.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment