Thursday, December 21, 2017

Diary page june 7,2011-----A cozy afternoon and little bit crocheting

The coolness and soothing in weather due to yesterday’s rain didn’t last long and with my little niece off to her exams until evening there was only one thing to do…crochet little projects
I made three bookmarks to give one away to my niece’s lovely friend.This was really a fun and quick project to do during a comfortable weather and moments. Hoping these will spur reading of the owners.
My niece earned the first one of the crocheted bookmark and another the fan shaped one, for taking it over to her friend, her family lives just 100 feet away to our house. She had her book mark the little one for chemistry book which she needs frequently.


Previously when I made this one in self designed colour, my daughter came in from Delhi. She was so delighted for its beauty and of course it’s her authentic need too. She reads a lottttttttttttt. She is a writer.



She said “mummy you should be a professional crocheter, you would make lots of money (extra money from leisure activities).” Bless her, she’s serious. That is the magical thing about making little things for your children. It doesn’t matter if they are blurry, not perfect or little bit. Your children will always think your creations are the best.

I will rant about …may be in coming post about …..a growing epidemic that not many people are even aware about (as described by my librarian friend). As per my friend many…mannnnnnnnnnnnny of readers came in this library to read are not using proper bookmarks when reading book!!
Yes, I know that is very hard to believe but I myself have seen it with my own eyes. Some people leave behind the library receipt, doctor appointment slips, and papers with names/phone numbers on them, invitation cards, a blank check, photographs, even a candy wrapper.


And some people actually fold the pages of the book instead of using any kind of bookmark! Oh the horror!!!!
Make as many as you need and enjoy!!!!

Happy crocheting!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment