Friday, December 18, 2015

Idleness, Fabric basket.

Hello friendsas You know my father was and is my GURU and I use to fallow  his mantra of aaram-haram-hai ..........ANY HOW......... I still love  THIS ARTICLE from New York Times The Busy trap by Tim kreider

"Idleness is not just a vacation, an indulgence or a vice; it is as indispensable to the brain as vitamin D is to the body, and deprived of it we suffer a mental affliction as disfiguring as rickets. The space and quiet that idleness provides is a necessary condition for standing back from life and seeing it whole, for making unexpected connections and waiting for the wild summer lightning strikes of inspiration — it is, paradoxically, necessary to getting any work done. “Idle dreaming is often of the essence of what we do,” wrote Thomas Pynchon in his essay on sloth. Archimedes’ “Eureka” in the bath, Newton’s apple, Jekyll & Hyde and the benzene ring: history is full of stories of inspirations that come in idle moments and dreams. It almost makes you wonder whether loafers, goldbricks and no-accounts aren’t responsible for more of the world’s great ideas, inventions and masterpieces than the hardworking.........."

Fabric  basket

Fabric  basket... several usesmade with my Shalwar_kameeez suit
  I used to do something every minute ……….I can ..of course to keep me busy ............otherwise I got lost in the memories of my MOM





Old clothing is something that it seems like many people throw away, it is also one of my favorite things to recycle. I like to make baskets like the one pictured above, I also enjoy making  rugs, making  mats
………, making deco items and cutting t-shirts into strips and knitting or crocheting them.

cozy seat for the fruits isn't it 



Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment