Saturday, September 12, 2020

crochet and me

Crochet - yes please!

I know crochet has a fairly granny reputation.  But not in my book!  I love it.  I like that its a traditional craft and I like its lacy appearance.  I also like the fact that in crochet, it’s acceptable to use all the colours of the rainbow in one piece. 

 

I almost inspected several/all books of crochet that our college library had in close sequence room. During my visits to library I usually visited the close sequence section of our library just to peek into some of the designs of the crochet work. I was so crazy about the crocheted items that I intended to make them with my own hand. When I was in my teens crochet was a mystery for me.

I love crochet sooooooooo much and only have the skill to crochet with single crochet, and double crochet stitches only.Then in my college days I learnt the skill to write and read the crochet terms and tried some laces fallowing the instructions from the books and magazines. Then there came a fashion of nylon yarn crochet, ladies used to make bags purses, dolls and other decorative items out of nylon yarn. I made several about 29 bags and several other items out of yarn of different colours

 

 I think this little Miss is wearing the crochet hyperbolic skirt

 

So cute...

 

Mmmm.... I'd probably give it a go (with other colours!)...

 

 This one I crocheted in  1982!

 

 

 

This granny square muffler is looking great in my daughter’s house...

 

 

Leaving it back there in 1972.

 

 

I still have some things which I made when I was a teen (in the 1970's).  I made this bag around 1980 (when I was in college).  I now use it to store  my yarn  and crochet hooks (and knitting needles which I never really got the hang of)...

A granny square which I have displayed on a round table (also crocheted around 1978 - I was probably practicing for the bag)...

 

 That table sits in this room, which I thought you might like to see...

 

My current crochet project - a blanket for our bed done in rows from a "how to" I found on the internet...  I have once again lost the crochet hook down the side of the sofa so currently work on this has stopped.  I'll dig it out some time this afternoon...

 


A nice warm gigantic afghan square blanket which I love (made by my Auntie in Bagar)...

 


Another piece I own - I can't imagine having the patience to ever achieve this kind of crochet status!!..

 

And just to bring you back to 2012... My friend  bought me this new ipad cover today - in lolly pink!  Thank you, I love it!!

 


I hope you are all enjoying this fine weekend...


No comments:

Post a Comment