Sunday, May 24, 2015

Nostelgia


You never know what I will be posting on my blog because I have such eclectic thoughts, interests, and ideas...so, if you have a minute, please stop-by



Do certain fragrances take you back in time? Bring back a memory that you cherish? I have a few scents that do this for me. My favorite color is green and it just so happens that I also love the fruit with this same color greener shade of an orange !!Yes the MALTA. Every time that I peel an orange MALTA the citrusy scent of that orange sends me back to my childhood.
My nanu had a Malt Garden full of flashy pulped maltaas, there were other fruits like,guvavas, peaches, grapes and some more.

It is no secret to those that know me that I love to read and that books have always been a part of my life. When I was in school(Shishu vihar Hindi High School, Limda Lane, Jamnagar, Gujarat India) at Jamnagar,Gujrat. I had a "best friend" named Liticia who lived on the next block. She also loved books and she, like me, enjoyed getting lost in its pages. Our favorite books were the Ghost and fairy stories. I would borrow hers and she would borrow mine. This way we were able to share these wonderful mysteries together.
We always read in her small living room curled up in front of the electric heater  in winter , the kind with the coils that curled up to the wooden rod   and then vented through the wall. This stove heated her family's whole tiny two room house. Our treat, as we read, were always Malta oranges. We both loved and regarded Maltas  as the best treat in the whole world! After we peeled our Maltas we would lay the peels on the  the top of the table nearby . As they dried from the heat of the hater, the luscious scent of Maltas filled the room. Life was good when you could read Ghost and Fairy  mysteries while eating maltas curled up on a rug in front of a  heater.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment