Monday, November 27, 2017

My Grand Maa,and my Mom



 My mother my aunt at neighbour, my two younger sisters and me with gun in my hand, we all sisters in the 60’s hand sewed frocks, made by my mother and aunt sitting in the picture above..

{Me- with gun in hand – knitting with concentration was my first choice. I learnt to knit first, but I prefer to hook!}
{My Grandmother, the woman instrumental in igniting my passion of the hook!}
With some trepidation, I deliberated on sharing the start of the journey. Within a second of course I knew it had to be shared because not only is it my wish to inspire, but also to encourage. When I was first approached to write Granny Love, last year, you can only imagine my excitement. I was doing a happy dance, and I couldn’t wait to begin. But then, I began to share ‘the news’ with family. My excitement was received by some with just as much enthusiasm, those who believed, but on the flip side some of the initial reactions I received were, it’s a scam (I haven’t heard of any email scams going around about being published), and laughter and sadly some didn’t even care enough to share in the news. So, was I completely crushed, devastated, shocked, absolutely yes! BUT . . .
. . . with absolutely no hesitation, guess what I did the very next day . . . I signed on the dotted line!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment