Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dangerous Beauties


While I was coming from college, there was a crowd around some cows about some cows that had eaten some oleander (Nerium oleander) cuttings that had been hauled from the city corporation yard to a nearby field. The cows sickened but eventually revived. The oleander was thought to be the culprit. There are many common plants that have toxic parts, and most likely you already grow some of them.
But i love them 
There are some oleander trees in our front park and I love them in my vase.
 



I love to  cut  Olienders   in my vases......

sitting on a mat made by my mommy!

close up i love the colour
there are several varieties of   Olienders  all are poisonous but all are beautiful to look at ...............



A Little Caution, Please
Oleander has the reputation of being poisonous, but you would have to eat a bale full of the stuff to suffer from the effects. However, if you burn the pruning, the smoke can cause severe irritation of mucous membranes. Even drinking water from a vase that held oleander can cause poisoning




Have a good day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment