Saturday, September 7, 2013

कालिदास , crochet dress


Untitled-1 
 This is one of those things that has been on my wish list for ages: a thirties era crochet dress. I just love the delicate details of the crocheting, especially around the neckline. It even has the original belt attached! The belt has funny little loops and snaps and to be honest, I haven't quite figured out exactly how it supposed to work. Although the dress is in excellent, perfectly wearable condition it's that awkward mid-calf length of the era that it so difficult to wear. I don't know... maybe with the right heels it would work? Something about that length makes it feel a bit costume to me. I wish there was a way to shorten it a bit without ruining it, but that seems like a hopeless daydream. I think it'll just hang on my wall and be pretty to look at everyday instead. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment