Wednesday, September 25, 2013

my antique sewing box



I bought this gorgeous old sewing box about 35+ years ago, at that time I was studying in Prep in FC College I bought it from my pocket money and took me many, many weeks to pay for. I have treasured what I think is a necessity for a sewing box or must have things for  a sewing box in all these years and today I wanted to show it to you all.



My Janom at the back


The outside of the box is looking a bit more faded than it was when I bought it, although it never was in dusty  condition like it is here when i took its photo. Its handle is ok but its clamps are no more. So can’t able to carry it with the handle, without locking system sometime i use to bind them with rubber bands.  


You can read Stitch magic on Janom


Take a peek inside and you will see it’s filled with an array of wonderful new and very old sewing accessories. There are beautifully carved thread spools, a tape measure, some crochet hooks a needle case,  , a wonderful clamp with a pincushion on top and if you take a closer peek you will see the lacquer work is still as bright and lovely as the day it was new.
Want to see more? Let me lift the things on some of the little accessories, Oh look there are more tools and treasures within. Oh i will show you .some other day........There is also a little penknife a crafter’s cutter which belonged to my father, I keep it in this box so it’s safe.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment