Sunday, August 19, 2012

crocheted neckand armhole edgings





its me on left side,then heroin Deepti_Naval her cousion and my daughter at a conference in Sahitya acadmy Delhi.

I sewed this outfit back in February. It’s got crochet neck, armhole  edgings with this yarn. I found this fabulous yarn locally and bought it, not knowing what I would do with it, but had to have it any way. I ended up crocheting edgings on neck, and armholes of recently created outfit. I cut out neck’s ban collar, full sleeves of the outfit and did the crochet edgings. I used several crochet stitches for edgings.

This is a beautiful sewing project. I feel gracious on wearing this outfit. The fabric is a cotton and polyester mix from  Raymond showroom.  I wanted to wear this suit in the winter as fabric is quite weighted but can’t wait till winter I intended to wear it throughout  the year .and refashion it , I’m really happy with how it turned out. The key was using a thick fabric. I’m wearing a half sleeves here (I love full sleeves too and wear only few days a year) because the fabric is a bit heavier side. I just surged the neck collar and the full sleeves. Crocheted the upper sides of   sleeves as well as on the armholes too in winters I add arms and take them off in summers Done and done.

the matching bag is also my creation. 







My inspiration today is 
Here
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment