Being fed up with sewing! New un-stitched covers for sofa seats!
I decided to make a quickie No Sew project
I bought this green Casement green fabric from Haryana Handloom shop in my city. This was a no sew project that gave me a bit of sewing satisfaction that day. I guess i should call it Faux Sewing because not a needle moved on this one. Also i tied the fabric pieces on the arms too......
I have 8 seater sofas. They have never got any rest since they came here in 2002.they are with good wood, sturdily built worth saving for long as per the cost. I have always loved them. But being in this room for long time faded their glory. I usually remodel them with changed covers. We have a “light” look in this room and I think they should be nicely kept. I accessorize them with beautiful cushions along with different covers on their
seats.
I got 12 yards of casement green fabric and just cut 8 pieces according to the size of each sofa. I interlocked the raw edges.
I cantered the cushions on the fabric over my dinning in island kitchen, just a convenient spot. Then I proceeded to fold and attached with safety pins. The straight front piece needed to be nice flat.
So it was a simple matter of fold and pin. I may make a nice piped cushion further up the road but this gave me some immediate satisfaction, something I really needed after not having sewn for a while. I like the result.
After the renovation the sofa will go to another room. I think the wood is aging with repeated use of these sofa seats.
My research has shown me that a gel stain will make these look like new and then a quick coat of urethane spray to finish. I think they will look great when all is said and done but in the meantime they look better than what was previously in this room. I think you can see their potential. When children will be in a furniture moving mood I had to take advantage and shift them in my village house. Have a look for all I did.....






Hi, thanks for sharing this informative blog about sofa fabrics. It provides valuable insights into quality fabric solutions for furniture applications. Reliable and durable sofa fabrics can help businesses enhance their products, meet customer expectations, and achieve long-term growth.
ReplyDelete