Monday, July 23, 2018

Nostelgic with knitting


My Knitting History With Mommy

“As I get older, I just prefer to knit. ” ― Tracey Ullman
I used to grab my mommy’s knitting needles and unsuccessfully tried to knit.
One day my friend’s elder sis came to me and caught me doing play with mommy’s needles and she asked me to bring new ball of thread which was there for future use in almirah,and two sticks of our broom, she cut short the broom sticks peel off them to make fine for needles, cast on a bunch of stitches and showed me how to create stitch, teaching me how to knit via the method she acquainted with. I loved making the stitches, excited when I saw my favorite color, blue. I used to take those knitting needles in my bag while going to school and knit during my journey to school in air force coach. The conductor in the coach named Kalish stunned watching me knitting, and told to the coach driver, “see this little is knitting like a lady, how strange!!!”
Later on mommy taught me how to knit when I was 7 years old, due to my grabbing her knitting needles from her knitting bag. we were living at Jamnagar, Gujarat and I was in 3rd standard at Hindi High School there. One day  she took me to the Baniya shop at Air force station campus, bought me a ball of cotton thread that was variegated, three colours, and a set of steel needles pointed at both sides.
Mommy cast on a bunch of stitches for me and showed me how to create a knit stitch, 

teaching me how to knit via the English method. "I'll show you how to purl, 

sweetheart, when you make a knitted scarf," she informed me. I loved making the

 stitches, excited when I saw my favorite color, purple. Once my beginner scarf was 

completed, Mommy showed me how to make stockinette stitch by doing a knit row 

and then a purl row.later in life till now knitting and crocheting are my leisure 

activities.


XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment