Monday, June 24, 2019

holy- Bhagwad Geeta, sprouted wheat

य एनं वेत्ति हन्तारं यश्चैनं मन्यते हतम् |
उभौ तौ न विजानीतो नायं हन्ति न हन्यते || 19||


BG 2.19:Neither of them is in knowledge—the one who thinks the soul can slay and the one who thinks the soul can be slain. For truly, the soul neither kills nor can it be killed.

Healthy food 

I sprout my wheat berries till they are at least 1/4" long, but if they get longer it's fine, because they get sweeter as they grow. I wouldn't go over about an inch and a half, though, because they will quickly become grass.

I dry them in the sun, in my front yard (on charpai with a malmal cloth on it). I let them dry all night.

dalia cooked with chana daal 

plain dalia

shakker ...to add in plain dalia

 Then I grind them. Sometimes into dalia, which is coarse, cracked wheat, and sometimes into flour. I do many things with dalia, but I haven't posted all of them yet.  

It is called bulgur (parched crushed wheat) in middle-eastern countries and used in dishes (tabouleh, koufteh, etc).  
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment