Friday, February 15, 2019

family tradition,upcycled vase


 

 

My great-grandmother cared for my mom and aunt while my grandma was expecting her another children and after delivery. My grandmother cared for me and my sister while my mom was expecting my brothers and did cares her after the birth of my brothers. So once I knew I’d be expecting my first child, I approached my mom about doing what the nanas in our family have done for decades. But she was residing with my father and other siblings at Chandigarh, of course they all need her too . And though my husband and I had offered to stay her with us only for few days, but she doesn’t . So we decided I would go to my parents at Chandigarh for delivery. And my parents came at Hisar  to pic me up to Chandigarh.    




My mom at that time i.e. at the time of  my son's birth




Diary Dec 2012
Pruned chameli
I pruned back my china rose  bush and brought a huge bunch of it in the house. The chmelies are in full bloom and they made a nice contrast against the deep red of the chmelies!i collect them to sit in terra-cota bowl at my dinning tabl! Not to mention that it smells amazing!
Each day the ground is carpeted with fresh chmeli flowers which are gathered for preparing the concrete.


up cycled vase


 

love having flowers in my home. I have various glass bottles that I have decorated with wool or ribbon and love having little displays of flowers scattered around my small flat. I also love using jam jars to display flowers in.


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment