Sunday, February 24, 2019

My plants,a Quote of the day.


I love ivy. Its my fav houseplant. My relatives sometimes took a twig of my ivy(without my notice) there is a myth if one steals away this plant to install in his/her own house, it flourishes and speed up multiplying...there is another myth ...when ivy in somebody’s house propagates vigorously..It means the owner of the house is rich...having much money..
this ivy plant in terra-cota pot sits in my upper shelf of kitchen


I always have ivy in my house.Its cute that its tendrils wind and curve around anything they touch. There is something loving about that “reaching out” and “embracing”in its nature, something about its foraging and striving to expand that seduces me. And ivy leaves are so beautiful and elegant with even oblong shape. I love to grow Devil’s Ivy Raphidophora aurea and Epipremnum aureum version in my house. I mix them up in pots and planters and mass them together on one shelf to create a cascading effect. The texture looks wonderful. I also intersperse the planters with ornaments, like black Wedgwood jasperware, antique silver containers’ and decorative orbs.
.
The leaves of this plant will change from a bright green and yellow spotted leaf designs to a solid green color if the plant is not getting enough light.  It’s just that simple!  Although variety of ivy plant does well  in many situations and isn’t something to thrust into bright light, with minimal lighting it will actually produce only solid green leaves, and literally change it’s spots.
As more office buildings are opting to leave their lights off all weekend long, or install motion sensitive lights to conserve energy, plants that enjoy 7 day per week light are adapting to far less light per week.  While Devil’s Ivy is not damaged by less light, if the color change bothers you it may be time to move the plant to a location underneath an emergency light that is on 24 hours per day – 7 days per week, or nearer a window.
It may take a few months, but with a little more light, your plant will return it’s leaf pattern to what it was when you purchased it.
It is said that ivy indoors was adored by victorians, who popularized it as a houseplant for interior decoration. There are many foliage plants that adore and have in my house. But  ivy is superb in its growth that’s why it’s been portrayed in art and used in numerous decorative ways, inside and outside. As a foliage plant, it is one of the most popular and beautiful.
I hung my ivy pots from the ceiling and on a peg on wall so that their tendrils dangle down, and i also prefer them grounded on floor of my backyard and front yard and on shelves.
Quote


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment