Friday, August 2, 2019

when your children make you proud ....

My daughter is receiving award for her  literary achievements. Hindi fiction writer Maitreyi_Pushpa enshround her a shawlThe Sahajwala award was given to the person  for their literary work.  The recipient had to be a person  who excel as a writer on that year.  

Oh, my momma’s heart was exploding with pride listening to the  chief guest   gave her introduction.

Vipin is my oldest – my parenting guinea pig. Watching her become her own person has been one of the greatest joys of my life. Seeing her up at the front of the cafeteria, beaming with the award she earned all on her own, was such a special experience.

Being recognized for being a good person (in the DR. KM’s words a poet is the best person in the society)… that’s what it’s really about. It’s about seeing how the things you teach your children from birth – qualities like resilience, kindness and hard work – manifest in their core character and stand out when you least expect it.


I am so proud of her literary achievements.

My dauchter in Sahitya_Akademi’s library

No comments:

Post a Comment