Saturday, November 2, 2019

BG, my article got published in Woman's Era July 2019 issue





click to read easily 

It was my daughter’s Birth day
On that day….
In the living room, I saw my daughter was watching television, and I went directly to the kitchen. Around ten minutes later, she came to me and asked,;what are you cooking, mom?’
“Secret.” I smiled at her.
“Oooh, secret food. It must be interesting.”
“I hope so.”
She went back to watching television again, and I kept busy in kitchen. Cooking the variety of foods at the same time was not easy, but I had to do it to make-my daughter’s  Birth day, specially the carved foods for its decorations. But I kept enjoying it; also,it had been two years I hadn't made it since long,  the last time I made it for my son’s birth day cooking.
Using my digital camera, -I took some pictures of my cooking.
Thirty minutes later, I was still busy in the kitchen decorating dinning table, taking some pictures after everything was done, also arranging the dishes on the dinning table to make it a great and suitable place for my daughter’s birthday. I used green eatable vegetable leaves as layer on the big tray. There were several kinds of foods. I also carved foods as decorations; bell peppers, cucumbers, big chilies. I arranged all those foods around the shaped yellow rice.
“It’s beautiful, “ said Vikky my son with his astonished face. My daughter just smiled, seeing his say it.
“what do you think, bete?” I asked my son.
“It’s the  best dinning table decor I’ve ever seen.” He used to say that every time I asked him that question.
Then my daughter came forward to the dinning room and gave compliments of the beauty of birth day dinning table arrangements.
“ Wow, look! Its very beautiful!” She  came closer to the dinning table, looking at it closely and in detail. Seeing me taking the pictures, she did the same thing via her handphone.
“Thank you. Okay, let’s pray together and have dinner soon before foods get cold!” I said to them.
After dinner, I was exhausted but satisfied and glad. I really did a good job for my project. Both my children were amazed seeing my birthday arrangements, and they liked my food.
A couple of minutes after dinner, I suddenly had a strong feeling to write something. In the biginning of 1 st February, editor Women’s Era sent me an e-mail asking me, if I was interested to write for Women’s Era. In his e-mail he explained that chief editor ( all team changed now) requested him to help look for inspirational women writers to contribute their writings, and then he remembered me. Of course, I accepted his invitation.
I had an idea to write about the meaning of birthday celebrations. Without wasting my time, I went to my computer table and wrote it the Microsoft Word program fluently. My ideas flew very well  when I was in the mood in writing something. I was sure every time if I  did in that condition, the result of my writing would be excellent.
I peeped at the time at the bottom right of the computer screen; it was seventeen minutes before midnight. My writing was almost done; I was just giving a closing paragraph. I noticed that my daughter was watching her favorite channel. I felt I should ask her to go to her bed, but if I did it, I would sleep too; accompanying her then, my writing mood would be gone. It was an excuse, I thought.
“Bete,would you go to bathroom? Change your clothes and brush your teeth, please!” I said from the computer.
“Wait, Mom! Let me watch this then I will go to bathroom.”
I let her watch, then I came back to finish my writing and edit it.
Several minutes after midnight, I decided to send it at that time to the chief editor. I wrote and explained to him about he editor who had chosen me as a contributor to his magzine for which I already writing since long, and then I didn’t forget to attach my file. I hoped to get his reply very  soon. After it was done, I left the computer and went to my bed.
Just   two months  later my article got published in July 2019  issue of Woman's era
I am attaching it in Jpg file …
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment