Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Holy Bhagwad Geeta, My grandmaa's ancient backless blouse

न बुद्धिभेदं जनयेदज्ञानां कर्मसङ्गिनाम् |
जोषयेत्सर्वकर्माणि विद्वान्युक्त: समाचरन् || 26||

BG 3.26: The wise should not create discord in the intellects of ignorant people, who are attached to fruitive actions, by inducing them to stop work. Rather, by performing their duties in an enlightened manner, they should inspire the ignorant also to do their prescribed duties.



When visiting my Dadi’s/ grand maa  room in our mansion and browsing around her wonderful attic filled with treasures I found this AAngi . I spotted it from a distance, thrown over an old pidhaa  for dolls. And I saved it from spending more years in neglect ion, explaining firmly that THIS is a real treasure. THIS is a heirloom. THIS is art. THIS is beautiful. And HOW can this fantastic Dadi’s wear just be thrown up in a dusty attic and not be loved, cherished and looked at every day? THIS was made by my Granny Shamaakaur  some decades ago - it is a piece of history. In perfect condition. Made from cotton fabric, carefully weaved in ends, no holes, no ends showing ANYWHERE. Simple and beautiful. Very classic and Haryanvi in the color theme. 

After going on about this for about 10 minutes, my daughter  promised 


back less blouse knoted with strings on both sides of blouse ..no buttons

close up of front bow this is hand woven and hand spun yarn fabric sewen by hand only 



to take care of it.  Carefully wash it, air dry it and put it to use as a deco piece on a board. To look at it and love it. Every day forever. I saved it. I saved one of My Dadi’s hand work and needle work, embroidery work  on aangi. 
 I will try this out for sure, let see when will i sew its deto copy. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment