Friday, October 22, 2021

SEWING AND A PLUNGE OF YESTER YEARS......

 


from diary pages Jan 9, 2012 

The year was 1986, I sent off my very first sewing project submission in a Hindi magazine Grihshobha it felt me like such a plunge. It was also my first submission of sewing project in hard copy----it has a drafting made by me along with step-by step-sewing instructions. The submission was my own idea without any inspiration except the articles/[projects in the magazine .I was a subscriber of that magazine since 1984.

I was so proud of myself to have my application to the editor along with the undertaking that article is un published-/ not under consideration for publication....all put together and maned on time to be published soon. I consider every submission to be a great personal triumph against the demons of self doubt and procrastination.

I doesn’t matter at that point if my design got accepted or not, i had won in the battle against myself......but it got published..and I got a sum of Rs. 100/- for my first sewing project that was a good lot at that time.

That was the time my publication business got race and till day i never looked back...it’s a journey of...on and on and on............

No comments:

Post a Comment