Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Is Today's Spirit of Helping One Another Also a Form of "Ishq"?

A few days ago, I watched this video of an interesting conversation between Kapil Sibal and Justice Markandey Katju, here Justice Katju spoke about the idea of an "Ishq Karo Party."


I do not see this as a political slogan. To me, it is a human and philosophical idea.

Over the past days, we have witnessed many moments when people from different backgrounds, faiths, communities, and beliefs have stood together, supported one another, and shown compassion during difficult times.

Isn't this, too, a form of "Ishq"?

If Ishq is understood not merely as romantic love but as humanity, empathy, kindness, mutual respect, and the willingness to stand by one another, then perhaps we are already living this idea in many ways.

This thought raises an important question:

Can a better society be built on love, dialogue, cooperation, and shared humanity rather than division and distrust?

I am sharing this post not as an endorsement or criticism of any political viewpoint, but simply to encourage thoughtful discussion.

This idea has been on my mind since I first watched the conversation. The current social atmosphere has only made me feel that it is the right time to reflect on it and invite others to think about it as well.

What does "Ishq" mean to you?
Can compassion, solidarity, and mutual support also be considered expressions of it?

I would love to hear your thoughts.

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment