Tuesday, September 17, 2019

My love of plaid

plaid
The other day when i walked into the office at work, my classmate and friend exclaimed, “vimla! you’re wearing plaid!is their any shortage of girly prints in the city?” my reaction was a little bit surprised, since I’ve always thought of myself as being the type of gal with a lot of plaid in her wardrobe. In fact, at the age of 23 (which has now been a very long time ago, right!), i went through a phase where most of my wardrobe included a heavy rotation of plaid salwar kamiz suits  button up shirts for bell-bottoms, but then it sunk in that perhaps the pendulum had swung in the opposite direction, and perhaps i hadn’t worn any plaid in the past year or so. Crazy how those things happen. You feel almost as if a certain piece defines you, and then just like that, it’s yesterday’s news.
i may have maxed-out on a plaid a while back, but this fall it’s finally back, at least for me. Which is why i pulled out this crazy blanket dress that my mom gave me a couple of years ago and finally decided to give it a spin? on this particular day, despite the sunny skies, the weather was feeling quite chilly. And what better way to brave the cold than with an essentially very fashionable snuggie? This dress was clearly handmade straight from a wool throw blanket, and it was the perfect thing to wear on a very lazy weekend day.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment