Thursday, September 19, 2019

its me with my sitar, nostalgia.

 I BOUGHT THIS SITAR WHEN I WAS IN 11TH CLASS IN FC COLLEGE HISAR, MUSIC WAS MY SUBJECT THEN. I BOUGHT IT FROM DELHI, I GOT IT REPAIRED FROM THE VERY SHOP FROM WHERE I BOUGHT IT...
MOM and me 



 I play sitar since I was in class11, now I’m 66 and in the last 3 years I started to study more seriously and became very interested in matter of instrument maintenance.
my niece
  
There are no real hangers for sitars like there are for guitars, mainly because there is no flange on the head-stock for this type of mounting, and little carelessness make it break ..

With a sitar come many technical challenges that must be mastered in order to keep the instrument in good condition. BUT I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PRACTISE THIS RULE...... Maintenance requires courage and ritualistic commitment—you will bleed, but you will come away a deeper understanding of what your instrument needs to sound its best. It is an important part of the practice, and will lead to a better understanding of how to achieve the best sound from your instrument.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment