Monday, September 16, 2019

Spiritual musings,Mma

श्रुतिविप्रतिपन्ना ते यदा स्थास्यति निश्चला |
समाधावचला बुद्धिस्तदा योगमवाप्स्यसि || 53||
BG 2.53: When your intellect ceases to be allured by the fruitive sections of the Vedas and remains steadfast in divine consciousness, you will then attain the state of perfect Yog.

Mma

God has blessed me with one of the most honorable names, Maa/grandmaa. This is myfirst grand daughter. She does everything with her whole heart. She loves big, she plays hard, she laughs a lot and just loves life. She amazes me everyday! Her heart for her buaa’s overwhelms me and makes me realize I need to be more like her.


Here recently she has been very clingy. Which I have to tell you is not like her. She loves her own space, she enjoys playing with others but is just as content to play by herself. I have to say I am enjoying this clingy phase. As a baby she wanted me most of the time which I have to say, I relished. (especially knowing she was my first grand baby) But as she has gotten bigger she has really become a daddy's/my son’s girl. If you give her the option to sit with me or him/my son she always chooses him. (which is fine) But about a week ago she became clingy. She wanted to be near him all the time. If he went to the bathroom, she would follow him and chat as he would use the bathroom. Or if he was going outside and ran to front door to switch it over she would say, "where ya going papaa?" (as if she didn't know the he is going to play ground  and he is down there multiple times a day, LOL) During home-school time she would say pappa will you sit close to me or can you help me on this (even though she knew how to do it and really didn't need my help). If I am honest the questions and her following me to the bathroom have sometimes worn on my nerves. (I mean what mma doesn't like to tinkle in peace occasionally!) But my most favorite thing she is asking right now is at bed time. It is not for her favorite song (the nite nite song, which we have sang since she was a baby) but it is for me to lay down beside and snuggle while she goes to sleep. Be still my heart. I know this is just a phase and she won't always want her mma to lay down next to her and just be close. (well maybe not until she is older and realizes how much it means to have your momma close) So while this clingy phase is here I will enjoy it because I know one day she will be grown and on her own doing her own thing.


Oh  Where in Rhana in Dreams? I'm coming up from Delhin next week, and just found out I'm going to be a grandma for the first time, so I've resurrected my knitting needles. I'm hoping to find some baby-soft yarn.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment