Monday, July 19, 2021

Recycled wreaths for porch



Many times some articles were stolen in from  our verandah, so I decorate it with recycled craft,and plants.

I am always creating new displays for this corner of our front portico. It is outdoors and protected on all the three  sides by walls and half of it is overhead by a roof. I have often thought of using terra cota and  paper crafted,and other recycled craft items items for display here and finally decided to test it out.

I created a  winter wreath using  using dry grass from front park,a pressure gasket and some fabric pieces from my sewing. I created ribbons from fabric pieces  and hung them from a wreath frame also wrapped in ribbon.

 

 

For this summer wreath I cut a thermocol sheet into ring that I got from our new microwave packing .i pasted wooden pieces that I got from pruning our front park tree ,I sprayed all the pieces with a coating of acrylic sealer by Mod Podge.  They have been hanging for two weeks, through 2 rain storms and are stilling looking great. 

 

I have a wonderful front portico. It has entries to both the rooms it is on the east side of the house and has a bright corner. For many years I keep changing this corner with different crafty articles .

Here is that same corner last year with the  recycled pot with my caladium. The pot was much easier to make but because I had used it for several years I needed to try something new.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment