Saturday, June 26, 2021

Lamp shade makeover


This post of mine is  about a little makeover I recently did on a lamp that I hated! Unfortunately I have no before picture to show you. I was having issues with my phone camera and couldn't take one. But yay for me, I got it repaired the other day and am pleased to be sharing the after pictures. Those are the best ones to share anyway. Right? I'll give you a visual in a picture I took when it was lying in my



storeroom here is a before pic when it was out of order.!The lamp shade was navy. It was out of order d a bit you could see its position in the pic. My description makes it sound better looking than it actually was. Chalo see the after. It's definitely a statement piece in the living room now!






 Can not deny that for a while time I had the idea of making one .. last March while teaching waste material items to  girls at our NGO center, i got the idea to make the lamp spade for our lamp and teach the girls how of it.here are my results .. What do you think?

Isn't she pretty?? I love the color! 

 I used  book-pages to make the chana jor gram paper cone like containers   which I love.

some all-pins, glue  and nothing else ..

 and see the result. I love it!
I started with old magazine pages to make chana jor gram paper cone like containers which I love,girls at the center helped make me them. Then fold them at the top to make stirdy.and finished 20 of them .yet I’m not overly please with the rough pages of magazine .i’d like her to be really glossy with glossy magazine! And after she was all finished I noticed some rough cones. I guess I should have checked the cones made by girls.Oh well, live and learn.not everything has to be perfect,right?  

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment