Tuesday, June 22, 2021

blocking of crochet lace work,Pics of my grand daughter



 

Last weakened, in between coughs, sniffles and whines, I finished several small crochet articles I supposed to complete. All these were lying in my basket of UFo’s. I looked back through my nin-searchable hand-written journal and couldn’t find the exact date that I started, but I only write three sentences a day, so perhaps if it was the fourth most significant thing that happened that day. Some time ago I bought aa bunch of yarn at the pushpa shop, and immediately crocheted some small thingy  crochet.





I crocheted a granny square handkerchief for my daughter,a pinapple motif lavender pouch,one another kerchief in grey for her a block to make her vest in lace I need several such blocks to complete her vest




Click the pic to have a close-up view of the stitch pattern of all the items. Since I would go for months without working on the vest blocks, the most challenging part was always just remembering where I’d left off. Here I blocked only one block of the vest rest are waiting to be blocked.  

In the top photo, at  the left you can see the pineapple block in pink colour,crochet lace fabric needs to be blocked, or dampened and stretched, in order to actually make lace .this involves briefly soaking the fabric in lukewarm water, spilling the entire amount of water in the floor, draping the fabric over a towel, rolling up the towel, squeezing it as much as possible, and then pinning it to a foam blocking board in the dimensions specified by the pattern.

The knitted sweaters also need to be blocked. I remember when I was in sixth slandered I knitted a sweater for Home-science project and that sweater was blocked over a towel or you can say layed to drape and to  be dried on the towel.

some pics of my g-daughter


चुप-चुप बैठी हो जरूर कोई बात है ..... 

इतना  नाचो कि  हंसी आ  जाए। 

                                                                         पूरा खत्म कर लिया...............
                                                                          अब क्या खाऊं ! 
                               देखो चींटी  भी मेरा खाना ले जा रही है........................
                                                     ले चींटी एक दाना और लेले ..................

ये   क्या है भाई.............

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment