Tuesday, March 5, 2019

grocery bag


Here in Haryana, when you go grocery shopping, the plastic bags are not free, you have to pay for them. It gets expensive after a while if you have to buy a new bag each time, and for garbage bags it’s cheaper to buy a whole roll of them.
sturdy bag
You can buy fabric bags in stores, they are cheap, Rs.20 I think, but they are of non-dyed cotton and not very pretty. So, I decided to make one for myself.


I keep it in my handbag, and you can see I fished it out from there for this photo. It’s bit dusty and wrinkled, but at least you get a realistic picture of what it actually looks like in use…
These are crocheted in two ply  white   acrylic yarn (almost the same colour as the wall…), with some  items  for body .
On a side note, in Haryana, you bag your own groceries, there is no-one to do it for you. We’re big on self-service… It caused great confusion when I tried to do it in Delhi.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment