Monday, July 9, 2012

La Gringa's Blogicito: Touky's family

Got some plain shelves that could use a little decorative touch? (This is a shot of my kitchen shelves after they were thoroughly cleaned, and (before the Fabric covered tins were placed on them.) So my crafty friends, how about lining those shelves, , with scallop- edged plastic cloth I bought from Delhi some time ago……. it  can quite simply make yourself too? I'm so glad I took the extra time to make my kitchen look extra cute this year, as it really wasn't so difficult once I figured out the best technique. And best of all, it makes me happy while I'm in the kitchen, which will certainly be quite a bit over the course of the  holiday months when every body in my relations vsit our house !


My kitchen and kitchen cabinet shelves


What can you tell about the glassware in the cabinets?
What can you tell about a person by the glassware in the cabinets?
In my kitchen cabinets, I see several glasses for cold drinks and coffee, 6 Schnaps glasses, 6 brandy snifters, 6 wine glasses, 2 lassi mugs and ...

12 vessels (bowls) meant to serve side dishes-es and desserts.

There you have it. We know what's being poured over the Iune summer here in Hisar of arid land  from pink lassi  brewed with spices to luxury almond milk to rabri  laced with lots of lassi and crushed pepper. ...
Many of the vessels come with a story as to how they arrived at my place. In the middle, front of the top photo is a big milk mug . This was the cup from which my son used to drank his milk  when he shirk to have another glass of milk …and I bought it for him so that he can have some 500ml of milk at a time
Later  he shed his habit and addicted to banana shake (a jugful) .and the still then the mug is in use for our lassi .in the midle, front of the photo stands the “Big maug with pink lassi, which I made for my daughter  when she was at home one afternoon.
Here’s our  lassi glass(usually full around the lunch hour):
So here's hoping that between the years you'll all be able to raise a glass or a mug together with someone in a holiday spirit! And wishing you abundant health and pleasures for many, many seasons!
May your lassi  always be fresh. Never too sour. Never too salty.
A toast to peace.

My inspirational today is Touky's family

No comments:

Post a Comment